Thursday, March 20, 2008

Anonymous Blessing

God Provides.
We all know this.
We can see it in the fact that we are still breathing, or that we have food to eat, or that we have somewhere to sleep.
But I love it when you can see it plain as day.

A few moments ago I was walking up my porch and noticed a letter in our mail box.
It did not have a return address on it, only our address that was written by what looked to be a type writter, not by hand.

So I opened it.
A small peice of yellow paper that was wrapped around something was inside.
Still no writting
I slowly unfolded the paper, looking for something to give away who the sender was or a note.
I was almost brought to tears by what was inside the peice of paper.

A gift card that says "Happy Easter", worth $50.
We could not believe it!
Someone spent their money on us. It is truly humbling to be the recipiant of such an amazing gift, one of such self-less giving.
It is so amazing to see people helping others, and not wanting any reward, not even letting us know who they are so we can thank them.
That is truly doing something for the Glory of God.
The only person I can thank is Jesus.
I cannot express my feelings of gratitude to whoever sent us such a blessing.
Thank you.

It has been a while since I last posted. This has been because of some very interesting dialogue in response to my previous post. If you are interested, check it out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think that is awesome!

Tyler DeLong said...

Amen

:::: Travis Keller :::: said...

sweet.
oh, by the way, have you successfully deconstructed right belief yet?

Tyler DeLong said...

is there any successful deconstruction of "right belief?"
I guess there could be but i am not near a stage where i could conquer that one...
maybe you should hit that one up.

Tyler DeLong said...

I think it is easy to narrow down christianity into a set of "right beliefs", but when you do that, you loose the core of what Christianity is. Sure there are beliefs that we must have, such as Jesus is the Son of God. But true Christianity is a radical trust that Jesus is the Son of God, not just thinking/knowing that He is.
Trusting causes a change in life.
theres my stab...