Wednesday, April 15, 2009

//are you kidding me?


Ok so I know that we are out of the Bush-era, but I stumbled upon this image and could not believe my eyes...
Even setting aside my  beliefs in non-violence and my distaste for the Bush administration, this sign is hard to grasp.
I guess I will let it speak for itself.
But a couple questions:
+How does this sign communicate the greater [macro] ideals of our Christian brothers and sisters of different though persuasions?  How are we too react in love?

+If you happen to be one of our brothers or sisters that share the ideal that is communicated through the words and pictures represented on the sign, could you shed some light on my confusion?  

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

I truly believe that this sign represents an incredibly small portion of evangelical Christianity in America.

I hope.

Or else I really am out of place.

But, yeah, I have no idea what the connection is between the phrases on the sign. Not a clue.

Tyler DeLong said...

yeah I hope so too...
My biggest question is the way the imagery of weapons made for the sole purpose of killing can fit with the concept and way of trusting the Prince of Peace...

Naomi said...

Think you would appreciate this, though it has nothing to do with your most recent post...

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
~Lord Byron

Tyler DeLong said...

yeah i def like that!