Thursday, September 18, 2008

Competition

For some reason lately I have been struggling with competition.

It feels like everything I do is in reaction to someone else, as if I am trying to keep up with people. 
I have this need to be noticed.  
I have a need to fit into the definition I am trying to form for myself.

theologian...
thinker...
reader...
giver...
simple...
minimalist...
emergent...
post-modern...
blogger...
artist...
peace maker...
pacifist...
liberal...
communal...
musician...

I have spent and wasted so much of my energy on trying to make myself into the image of these idols, that I have forgot my purpose.  i have forgot my true Love.

Christ Jesus of Nazareth.

May we be conformed to the Image of the True Living God, not the ones that we create.
//Grace and Peace


1 comment:

Daniel Coutz said...

I am very glad that you are writing posts again. I think its a good thing that you are at leat aware of the fact that you are reacting this way.