Thursday, November 13, 2008

//Godspeed the Plough

Last weekend I went to an amazing conference entitled Godspeed the Plough: The Church and the Redemptive practice of Agriculture.  The conference as a whole focused on the Church and it's relation to Creation.  The conference was an amazing experience and I look forward to posting some of my notes, thoughts and conversations I had once I can get my head around all that I took in this weekend.
I can definitely say that I learned a lot and that God spoke to me at this conference.  I got to meet some great people (actually probably some of the most amazing people I have ever met...) and hear things that had been on my mind, but never materialized into practice.  It was refreshing to be around people of like mind.
I grew up an extreme environmentalist.  I also grew up as far away from Christianity as possible.  I thought that God and Christians both hated nature...after all, I always heard that the Bible tells us that the reason plants and animals were here in the first place was for us to do whatever we wanted to with them. 
This conference revitalized that part of me that loves the smell of dirt.
That part of me that thinks there is nothing more beautiful than flowers.
That part of me that sees a tree and praises God for his mystery.

until I post more...here are some really good links to check out:

1 comment:

Naomi said...

Ohhh, I'm quite excited to hear more!

I think this is an issue most Christians shy away from, and it's quite frustrating. We need to have genuine thoughts about our role in regards to creation. How can we not? This is what God has created, shall we not value it?

I'm going to read the articles, and hope to converse with you more.