Wednesday, March 4, 2009

//reading...






Last night was an amazing night...
I got to read for a couple hours.

This was amazing mainly because this is not as common of an experience as I would like it to be.  Granted, I am reading most of the time, just not necessarily books of my choosing.

Last night was different.
I had the blessed opportunity to sit in a chair, and read to my content.
It was nice to spend some time with Neil Postman [Amusing Ourselves to Death, a critique of modern communication and media culture] and one of my favorites Wendell Berry [Sex, Economy, Freedom and Community; a series of eight essays on local economy, conservation, gardening, sustainability and also a critique of modern society...].  

I would highly recommend picking up either of these books, they are amazing writers that challenge the societal norms that are quite contrary to the Kingdom of God.  Very interesting.

2 comments:

Daniel Coutz said...

I can't wait till this summer when I can read for pleasure again.

benjamin betscher said...

I enjoy Twilight.
you should read it.
:)