Thursday, February 14, 2008

//Intentional Community

"It is not a bad thing if your community is in transition, it is a good thing. It means it is alive."
-Words spoken by Shane Claibourne at the Q&A time after Wednesday's chapel.

Well...
Our community is definatly in transition.
These words spoke Truth to me.

For the past six months me and a couple of my best friends decided to try to do the community thing. We lived in one house, shared all of our possesions, attempted to eat together, pray together, and live together.
I don't think I have ever learned so much in that short amount of time.
It has been amazing...
Until now...
We are moving on.
We lost focus.
We forgot why we started.
Wes and Kelly moved out today.
Josh is moving out soon.
It looks like the end...

But I believe it is the Beginning.

God is teaching me what True community looks like.
This is not the end of our Community.
It is a transition...
It is Alive.
We will continue striving for community and following where God leads us.
My wife and I are not giving up, and I am sure that Wes, Kelly and Josh won't either.
Community is not about sharing a house, it's about sharing the amazing Love and Grace of our Father.
.::Grace and Peace

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

Amen. I'll be praying for you all.

And we still have a unresolved date to get coffee sometime.

:::: Travis Keller :::: said...

hmmmmm.

Daniel Coutz said...

It still kinda bums me out though.