Thursday, February 28, 2008

//Speechless



Last Tuesday, my beautiful wife and I had our first ultrasound. The doctor told us we were having a girl!
.::I am speechless.
I am at a total loss for words.
All of my mistakes and shortcomings, still God has given me this blessing.
Just the thought brings tears to my eyes.

In this world of hate, oppression, disease, war, and pain,
my little baby girl will be born.
But she will know my Father.
For He is with her now, as He crafts her body, and shapes her mind.
On that day she will breathe in His breath and Spirit.
She will be born with Hope.
Hope that God conquers death, and creates new life.

.::Father, give her life.
Let her be a beacon of Hope and Peace to your people.
May she not stray from Your path,
But humbly Follow your will.
Let her prosper in Grace and Truth.
Let her grow in your Love and Comfort, learning to Comfort and Love the Lost.
Let your Glorious Light shine and light her path.
Cast away and Destroy all evil that comes near her, keeping her pure.
Teach her now, as she grows, your laws and decrees.
Bless her way.
My purpose is found, O'God of Mercy.
Let me be a father to her, teaching her your Holy Ways.
Heal me, so that I may offer her strength and wisdom from You.
Jesus, be her Savior.
You are the Truth, the Life and the Way.
Thank you.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

Beautiful.

Amen.

Daniel Coutz said...

I'm really excited for you guys and I liked your prayer a lot (I got a little teared up reading it)

Nathan O. said...

you are beautiful. I can't even imagine what your daughter will be like, getting a bit of you with a large bit of your wife...

I'm praying for you and Holly as well as your future with this child. and I better get to hold her..

joe said...

beautiful prayer man. i am a father and i will stand with you in that prayer.