Monday, February 4, 2008

//Silence


Silence is something we so quickly forget in our culture.
In silence we may have to contemplate what our life actually is.
Such stillness opens us up to hear the whisper of our Abba.
I think it scares us.
So we fill our lives up with material and stuff that clutters our mind and keeps us busy so we don't have time to pause and listen.
I do it all the time.

I long for silence.
No music.
No cars driving by.
No talking.
Nothing.
I long to just be.
To exist without the pressures and contraints of this life defining who or what I am.
I yern for the embrace of my Father.

.::I long for silence.

3 comments:

Broken Branches said...

hey man! great points! love what you have to say!
by the way this is cody! just getting acclimated to this whole sight! haha! thanks for showing me around! see ya soon!

Anonymous said...

//feeling it//

can't wait to chill and "be" and talk tomorrow!

dude, you thinking what i'm thinking?

of course you are!

Shalom

Ryan said...

I think we feel the most uncomfortable when we are silent. And our discomfort makes us the most vulnerable.

p.s. i linked you.